Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2024

21 things you Probably don't know about me

Allow me to reintroduce myself to the village - it has been a little bit since I visited my blog family. I am glad you are here. Some of you may or may not know that my life has been in disarray for several months (been called a trainwreck more times than I care to admit) and if I were to be completely transparent - it's been a little bit longer than that. I have dealt with the death of my father in Jan 2021 and then 2 short years later, almost to the day, my husband died in front of me and my oldest daughter. I wasn't even over losing my dad, whom I know lived a long life. but watching my daughters grieve their Poppy was one I wasn't ready to recover from. My heart gets tight as I recall that evening that Dennis collapsed- my chest contracts and a lump forms in my throat. I have always loved to write and now I feel it is almost a necessity to try and grow around my grief. 
I hope you will hang with me as I navigate through finding my voice again.

1. I love food that comes in jars.
pickles, olives, cherries, artichokes and my favorite salsa

2. I don't call people by their right name the first time.

3. I danced to Thriller by Michael Jackson- it was my one and only debut as a dancer. It wasn't for me.

4. I am self diagnosed ADHD
Why else can't I finish a book, a project or a thought without being interrupted by...oh, look, donuts.

5. I love to cook but I hate to clean up.

6. I worked at Nordstrom for 12 years.
If I am being honest and admitting regrets- leaving this job is one of them. But then it wouldn't have led me to where I am now. Working here made me appreciate people, teamwork, fashion, and customer service. I hear it's not the same since I worked there... but in my brain my stint at Nordstrom was a highlight for me.

7. I do not like cats.
I am allergic and what's the point?

8. I haven't read The Harry Potter series.
Both of my daughters are huge fans. I went to Universal for the butterbeer.

9. I was raised catholic and went to private school until college.
I was a Celtic and a Monarch. I wore a uniform until I was 17. That is 5 things in one, you're welcome

10. I didn't wear jeans growing up.
So I must be making up for lost time...  I have so many pairs of jeans. some are too tight, or look horrible on me but I can't part with them now!

11. I google any and all symptoms.

13. My enneagram number is a... wait for it, a 2.

14. I coach the Academic team for Middle School.

15. I don't like to do puzzles.

16. Have you heard of Hayday? Its a game. I'm on level 71 and my farm is the bomb. It even has a sushi and juice bar.

17. For the right person I can rethink number 7. 

18. I liked to be alone until I was forced to be alone.

19. Sneakers and sunglasses deserve their own closet in my house.

20. I have given too many 2nd chances to count... but it is worth it for the right person.

21. My heart is cracked and light is trying to find its way back in. I am grateful for people showing up and not giving up on me.  Joy is trickling back in.




No comments:

Post a Comment