Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ice Cream, yes please!

Okay. Seriously. I love. Ice cream. It is probably one of my favorite guilty treats. I have been known to cry and carry on until someone, (aka husband) goes and gets me some.  Even Sara Mclachlan loves ice cream...  she wrote a song about it! I am not alone! Addicted much? Finally - someone else gets it.  I know exactly how these cute kiddos feel. Go ahead and watch. 

Now granted they are all wearing diapers and most can't communicate verbally yet. But I don't really care.  The only thing that can ruin ice cream is when someone puts back an empty container in the freezer. YES! someone has done that to me!!! How rude, right?  

My favorite ice cream of all time is chocolate peanut butter ice cream by Baskin Robbins. What is yours? The truth is I love the memories that come along with the ice cream...judge me as you wish about all my food issues. But we use to have a peach tree and made the best homemade peach ice cream during the summers. My brother and I would pick the peaches and we would sit for hours it seemed watching the machine churn,  I loved going to Golden Spoon on Bristol in Costa Mesa, California after school with my friends. I loved going to Thrifty drug stores ( I think they are Rite Aid now) and getting an ice cream stack for 10 cents. I loved the scoop...

laweekly.com


Who knew you could buy one  here for $155...free shipping!!!! That is a sweet piece of my childhood for sure.

urbanspoon.com

Any whoooo...I came across that amazeballs video that made me laugh until I cried and pined for ice cream and my husband got me some sherbet. Ya know, its a little bit better for me and since its a little too early to give up on my resolutions I enjoyed every bite of my raspberry sherbet.

 For those that have been know to dabble in the lactose intolerant arena it is an unfortunate fate, But they still understand that they are willing to sacrifice the awful tummy cramping for the sweet taste of ice cream on their lips. I for one am highly intolerant to a certain preservative put into certain ice creams...lucky for me I have figured that out and only go for the good stuff. 
Now please don't go calling the healthy police on me...we don't eat ice cream every day...( I could if I wanted to) and I think I only have force fed it to the girls for dinner maybe 4 times... 

I get it is a treat and should be just that...a treat. I love all kinds of ice cream and love to try new flavors...unique and distant flavors too. I still remember sitting in a West Hartford sushi restaurant enjoying lavender and green tea ice cream with my dear friends. It has never been duplicated!

Ice cream makes life better.    It makes it light and airy and sweet. My love for ice cream is deep and it comes packed with so many memories and its really is part of our culture. I think my next party will be an ice cream party to share the yumminess with my village. I did get a new ice cream maker for Christmas... It is da bomb!  
Snoop Dog said once that when he stops rapping he would open up an ice cream parlor and call it SCOOP DOG...guess what, Snoop? I'd be first in line!  








1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly, the flavors in US ice cream places are quite different to the ones you can get in Europe. The latter ones have more fruit and cream based ice cream, without adds like cookies and chips.

    ReplyDelete