Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Momma Drama


There is an old polish proverb that goes like this, " Not my circus, not my monkeys". While some may think it is a silly phrase or a lame saying that means gibberish - they obviously have not found themselves in the tornado that is MOMMA DRAMA.   As much as I try and avoid it...and I do...it is sometimes hard not to jump on the bandwagon and ride that tornado until destroys everything in its path. Because it does. It will, maybe not in that moment but give it a little time and that momentum will pick up speed and then wham...you are in a F-5 tornado not knowing where to plant your feet.

I found myself in a situation not too long ago that I had to put my game face on and keep reciting the infamous proverb in my head...I had so much I wanted to say, to add to the story and share what my experience was and I just kept smiling and nodding my head. I wasn't being a jerk. I was engaged, I was interested in how this person felt,  (slighted) angry and mistreated and they needed to make it right. But I couldn't accept the invitation and here is why...
  • it didn't affect me, or my kids or my husband or my village
  • it had the potential to hurt another persons feelings
  • there wasn't any risk in me not getting involved but if I did...it could be a storm that I would not be prepared for.
  • it wasn't kind
Please don't confuse me for a boring Betty...I'm not, I have been caught up in my fair share of shit storms. I'm human. What I am saying is that I am trying...everyday... to refocus on what is good and whole and enough for me. 

 So here's the deal sometimes you just have to refrain...count to 5 or 55- or whatever you do to make yourself realize that you don't need to get involved in the mess or accept the invitation to the drama party. 

 A hummingbird can't fly in a tornado. It can't survive, eat or carry on. It doesn't do anyone any good to accept the invitation to  MOMMA DRAMA. So when I feel a storm coming on ...I will try like hell to flap my wings and fight the wind.... and decline with my game face on and get to my destination: Sweet peace...knowing that I avoided it this time. 








2 comments:

  1. Love this advice! It is so easy to get sucked up into the drama. I will also be aware & try to flap away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all get sucked in once in a while...thanks for being you and keeping me flying!

    ReplyDelete