Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 164 - Ipsy loves Sipsy

This happened on day 165. Which I find so freaking ironic as I am working on my love does project someone DOES for me. Not really for me- but I get to spread her kindness! How totally cool is that? I found myself utterly speechless. And what do I do when I can't find the words?  I write. 

Yesterday I made myself walk to get the mail in this obscene weather we are having. There was two days worth of mail in there and I could see bills. Yuck.  But tucked in between was a beautiful pink striped envelope that made me instantly think about my college roommate.
Was it from her? 

It could only be from one person and as soon as I saw the handwriting I knew my lady had sent me a letter.
I got so excited that I almost forgot how cold it was outside. My heart was warming me up from the inside out. Imagine my delight as I took off my gloves and opened it right there and  in my frenzy something falls to the snow... a donation!!! It was for the fundraiser we are working on to love on a beautiful girl and her family. It was there in the snow. Beautiful and untouched and intentions pure. My sweet "lady's"  heart was broken for this family and she was moved to action. She was moved to do. I cried. Love doesn't understand boundaries or distance. Just love. Like Anna did for me and she warmed me from the inside out. 

I poured myself a glass of wine and this is how I am starting my weekend at the end of day 164. Eternally grateful for my Sipsy.  


I toast you my sweet friend.  Cheers! Salud! Mazle Tov! Salute!  

It's too good not to share. It's just too damn good. 

When you get a nudging to do something - don't wait.  Just do.  Love does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment