Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nothing is Something

I woke up this morning and instead of beginning my day in devotion and gratitude for the sun shining and it being a no alarm day I immediately grabbed my phone to start coordinating pick ups and drops offs for this evenings activities. LAME. I am so mad at myself and feeling uber convicted because I have invited "Bizzie" into my families home. She has a guest room, clean towels, free reign of the kitchen, couches, TV, not to mention the deck to watch the horses in the field and the girls bikes too. Because we aren't around to use them. "Bizzie" has taken over my house.

It happens every spring. End of school year and daughters activities collide.  Please don't hear what I am not saying - I love the choices the girls have made. One activity  each and it makes me happy to see them do their "thing".

I just want to do something and that is NOTHING.

So when my church started this series called, There's An Elephant in the Room (TAEINTR) I knew it was going to be a doozy. Maybe it would be just what we needed to get a little control over "Bizzie" and help her vacate so we could relax and get control of our household again.   

We try really hard to be intentional about our family time especially with Husband out of town all week. But man we are failing... With something on the calendar every week night the last several weeks and our weekends packed too I find myself just begging for canceled practice or a rain out.   Don't judge me. Or go ahead and judge me... your choice. But I am speaking truth.When God brings rain down and a tweet tells me practice is canceled - I KNOW I am not the only momma doing the "cancel dance"!!

I love to see my daughter dance.  It is her joy.  I love to see my daughter play softball. She wants nothing more than to play hard. I won't take that away. I just want a little breathing room. Just so we can do NOTHING. TOGETHER.   

Shut the front door. Lose the keys. Unplug. Eat Waffles. Not the frozen boxed kind either. Like, take the waffle maker down and make your family some "I've got all the time in the world waffles" !!! God forbid. Stop the glorification of busy. 



Please watch THIS . It speaks straight through to my heart like Bon Jovi. And I am to blame. We will get it right. This helped us recognize some things we can do better as a family.  And then we will mess up. And then we will try again. It's like the shampoo cycle of life.  Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I'm okay with that.  Try. Mess up. Try again. I don't really like Bizzie. But you know who I love? Grace!!!!!!  

And maybe  Bon Jovi!!!  Yes. I love him too. 

Happy Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment