Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Crazy Girl vs. Action Girl

Let me introduce you to Crazy Girl and Action Girl. They are two antagonists living in the same body. But it makes for some good fun and she is okay with being the butt of many of jokes! She is also a good sport. On Sunday, this landed in my inbox from my crazy/action friend. After you read this you will know that she is totally crazy. And the best part about it is she knows it, owns it and admits it. We call that just owning your s#%*!  


"I may have bitten off more than I can chew. 

I've decided to learn how to cook healthy, organize my kitchen and maybe lose some weight at the same time.
I'm not asking for advice- remember last week when I said I don't want to hear it? I'm not even looking for pity or a side-eye glance. 

I'm just stating the fact that there are changes that need to made, I want to accomplish them and....
I recognize I'm a crazy head.

     Just thought you should know.

I believe that winter is a time of renewal, not spring. By the time spring rolls around I want to be frolicking outside, with all the springtime creatures. (I live in a forest but really I'd be hanging out in my hammock with a good book.)

When winter comes, and I'm stuck inside, I look around and decide ' I need to cook more' or 'this cabinet is appalling! I can't find anything'. I'm not sure why this hits me in winter. It might be partly because of New Year's resolutions but also cause it's hard to function when you're staring at cupboards full of crazy food you won't eat (chili tomato spaghetti anyone?) or hunting for a lid for 15 min before you realize that there is no damn lid.

So being an action sort of girl I'll take the food bull by the horns and go a couple of rounds. Surely I can figure this out- organize, cook, lose a bit of weight. 

Can't be that hard.
Can it?
Nope, don't tell me. I don't wanna 
hear it."

So crazy met action on the corner of winter blues and man it was a doozy. She wants me to tell her something then she doesn't. Makes no sense.  So this is how I responded to Crazy. 

"Hey crazy.  You are an action girl?  True dat. You are a doer for surer. When you have a list of things to get done I know you get bat ass crazy about the list. BUT you get it done! Me on the other hand... I'm a little bit of the fizzer outer sort. You know! I like to plan and then let someone else make things happen! 

So- first off  I am totally proud of you!! I know it is hard to fit in this time FOR you. And you are tracking your progress and letting us hold you accountable. Run for your life my friend. Even if you are allergic to it!

But here is my truth- I want to hibernate. Remember last year - when all you wanted to do was sit on the couch and read?!? And in between that you were praying for snow days?!? That's where I am - no meal plans, organization tactics or plans to be a better me. Why the hell can't we get on the same cycle?!?! I mean it would make our lives easier.  
So go on with your bad self and organize and cook healthy and eeks... RUN!!! I'll be over here watching Netflix. 

The truth is I like you no matter what. With your disorganized pantry and chile tomato pasta, and 5 bottles of mustard. Do you even like mustard? 

And I don't care if you can run a marathon. Your heart is still just as good to me...but if you are ready then I am ready to be your biggest supporter. To some degree... I can't not promise that there won't be a side way glance or better yet a signature eye roll. 

Go get your doing on, Crazy!  Because spring is coming and your hammock is waiting!"

Just like my crazed action friend - we are bobbing and weaving through our days. We make mistakes. We succeed. We try new things.  And we stop old things. We get excited. We get disappointed. We get crazy.   We fizz out only to want to bite off more than we can chew like my crazy friend. 

The truth is whatever you have your eye on to do. Do it. And when you mess up - own it!

Just start again...seriously because when the hammock is swinging and springtime is on the brink I want to be ready! Ready for that first whiff of fresh cut grass and the baby buds on the tree. 

Don't apologize for your crazy. It's really only an amped up version of enthusiasm. 






No comments:

Post a Comment