Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

2:28



I didn't laugh enough today. My eyes hurt from squinting because I didn't wear my glasses. It's Monday. Monday's suck.  I was too busy to take care of myself. No breakfast  No Lunch. The worst catastrophe - NO COFFEE.  This is what happens... I let life or sucky Mondays be my excuse to stop taking care of things that need to be taken care of the most. My soul, my marriage, my health. I can feel the intent of trying to control it all slipping away. I beat myself up in silence and make lists for the next day. To try again because my favorite blogger BFF Glennon says that the win is in the trying. (Just kidding- she doesn't even know I exist)

My list was long tonight. TOO LONG.  As I was grading  papers...they weren't great. They were starting off slow. Real slow...and I started to talk to each and everyone of the kids and build them up in my head. And then I needed a break...because it is sometimes hard to build people up when you aren't feeling so peppy. Because remember my day started of sloooooooow. My afternoon was even slower...nothing was going the way I needed it too. And then it just kept snowballing and so I went away for a minute.   And then this happened- this guy...WHAT???  He is awesome and his smile and zest for life broke my heart in a million pieces. Damn. This is good. A football player tore me down and built me back up in 2:28 minutes.

So this is what I have for you on this habitually sucky Monday night ...2:28 of pure sweet victory. Watch it. You have 2 minutes and twenty eight seconds to build yourself back up.  My night has ended FAST.







No comments:

Post a Comment