Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stuck or Unstuck

THIS makes me cry.  Big ugly cry. Mascara running down my face.  Here is this beautiful hummingbird and she gets stuck. Literally. Someone finds her struggling.  She's crying for help.  And then he rescues her.  With calm and precise motions. Over and over.When he realizes she needs more attention and tenderness he gives it. Gentleness. He offers reassurance that she needs to get unstuck.

She can get unstuck with just a little help. Sometimes you need help like her.  You may not ask for it. You may be too ashamed,  But the right person will notice. And that person will be brave enough and  kind enough to kneel down and help that sweet beautiful bird.   And when she was ready she would fly again...
Found on southernpiphi.tumblr.com

The first flight after being stuck. Oh my friends. It's the sweetest.  Tears again. But this time there is a smile with them,

Whether you are stuck tonight or the unstuck I thank you for reading.  I thank you for not giving up. I thank you for not giving up on your stuck person too and being the unstuck. We need both of you.   

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for getting me unstuck more than a few times in life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuck. Unstuck. Sticky messes. You are beautiful to me forever. Xo

      Delete