Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Books...

Today is about books. I like books. I can not lie. I had to. You know I did. I found this on Etsy. You bet I am adding it to my wish list for Christmas!

Any whoooooo, back to post. I am raising two avid readers and I hope that doesn't change. I love to read anything... books, blogs, articles, childrens books, the list goes on and on.

One of my most vivid memories of my Mom was when she would hide in the living room and read for hours on the weekend. Her choice was the newspaper...she would save them all up from the week and read them until her hands were black from the print. She would be in her pajamas all day. In between her reading we would have "cooching" moments.  That is where me and my brother would snuggle with her, get loved on, squeezed on and she would share what she was reading. I loved to "cooch". I am convinced that is why I love to read.

Here is my 7 books for you today in my intentional me countdown:

  
  

I could seriously go on for hours...the Love Languages, Hunger Games Series, Heaven is for Real, Gone Girl, Glitter and Glue, Big Girl Panties... I have started and stopped several books. There is a list of books I want to read and must read and can't wait to read.   I have been know to have 3 or 4 started at any given time...that is from my squirrliness and my possible fizzer outer diagnosis. 

Books have meant different things to me at different points in my life too... some were read for survival, others read to just escape or disappear, some were read to learn or teach and others were read for pure enjoyment. 

Ultimately reading gives me hope. Hope that the next page will be better than the last...and if it isn't  I will keep turning the page. 

What are you reading? 

READ ON!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you wrote this! Lately, people just skim their phones and say they've read something. Irks me. I love big books and I cannot lie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. I agree. Does it irk you when you hear people say - read before bed , it will help you sleep... It does the opposite for me! I wide awake. Woke me up 50 pages ago!!! Thank you for reading !

      Delete