Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Emotional Hangover

I woke up this morning with a major emotional hangover. I am not proud to admit it. Shame is winning right now. After spending a fun, chaotic and crazy day shopping I am exhausted.  Let me interject that I have never participated in Black Friday as a customer. I was always on the other side of the counter, hard aisle, or stock room. For nearly 16 years I greeted shoppers through clinched teeth all the while wondering what it would be like to enjoy the Friday after Thanksgiving with my family or friends...or do nothing at all.

After I left retail I vowed to never participate in Black Friday festivities on principal alone. That vow was shattered this year. I left my family on turkey day and did not return until yesterday afternoon. Almost 19 hours of shopping. That is right, I go big or I don't go!!! I had a wonderful time. I am convinced it had to do with the company I kept yesterday too.

Fast forward to this morning...the house is quiet. Girls are gone. Hubbie is at work. I should be refreshed and content. Nope. Instead I can feel Envy creeping up on me. Resentment is there too. Tired is hosting the party- I know that when I am depleted the party is a doozy. But the others are there too...Lonely and Dismissed have shown up. The infamous Seeking Approval is surrounded by everyone I love at the punch bowl; laughing AT me.  I am worried that the cashier at Crazy Eight didn't get my joke and is now having a bad day because I am not funny AT ALL. I can blame it on too many tabs being open in my brain or over thinking but sometimes these parties just happen. And I get sucked in and hang out with them for too long...

Anchorman
I don't know how I am going to combat this hangover. I am planning on riding it out for now...curled up on the couch with my coffee.

What do you do when you feel like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment