Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I wish...

Today's ten wishes or secrets I don't think are very secret at all.  Today is the 19th of November it packs the most punch of any of my days. 23 years ago my 46 year old mom died of cancer.
She was way too young, I was way too young to be motherless and my brother was even younger than the both of us to be without her...not to mention my sweet dad, her husband, who adored her in ways I still can't comprehend.

So my 10 intentional wishes look like this ...

I WISH
 I lived on this earth longer with my mom than without her 

The responsibility of raising daughters without a mother didn't scare me everyday
I could continue her traditions without sometimes resenting the fact she isn't here to help me
She could have met her grandchildren
I could listen to Garth Brooks, Neil Diamond or Kenny Rogers without my heartbreaking on the inside
I could thank her for teaching me about friendship
that I never give up
She could taste my lasagna
I wish she could have had a Pinterest account...it would have blown her mind
I could share a glass of wine, a hug and a prayer with her one last time

found on anthropologie.com


Don't cry for me...or be sad for me...I am making my way. I am okay with having a meltdown once in a while...it is what helps me seek out the sweet on days when I need to be reminded of it most.

What are your wishes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment